Sale Before Scale

I’m sorry… I don’t know what’s wrong with me, I’m just so dang good at coming up with acronyms and phrases :sweat_smile:. Here’s a new one I recently came up with: “Sale Before Scale”.

If LeBron James is the King of Akron, I’m the King of Acronyms, LOL! (see pic)

As you know, I’m a business coach (among other things), and one of the issues I’ve found some of my clients dealing with, is that they want a lot of sales - as do all of us, right?

Nothing wrong or unusual about that. But the problem is that sometimes, they haven’t sold much of anything yet.

Which means, they don’t yet have an answer to “What has worked well for you before?”

They have not yet had any success selling just one thing, but they want to sell a lot of that one thing, and sometimes a lot of many more things too.

And that’s how I came up with “Sale Before Scale” .

So here’s the main takeaway:

Try to sell ONE SINGLE thing.
For a ONE-TIME fee.
To ONE SINGLE person.
ONE SINGLE time.

Notice the pattern?

After you’ve done it once, now see if you can do it again.

And again. And again.

And that’s how you validate your niche, validate your product, your pricing, and develop your sales process.

And ONLY THEN do you try to scale it.

Of course, there are nuances to this, but hey, I’m trying to keep this email short LOL!

The best way to validate your product, is not just to ask people if they will buy it IF you sold them that. You just have to go out and make an offer.

If you just ask people “Would you buy this?”, they’ll probably say yes, because talk is cheap, right?

But if they have to actually pull out their card and put their money where their mouth is? That’s where the rubber meets the road and things get real.

So you have to actually commit, and make an offer. Even if you haven’t created the product yet.

And that leads to one of my other phrases that I coined: Sell First, Create Later.

You don’t have to create a product before you sell it. I’ve sold stuff I haven’t even created yet, over and over and over again in my career as a marketer. But you have to know how to position it. You can’t simply say “I haven’t created this, but you should buy it now”. There is a way to do it. There are certain components and triggers that go into positioning it. And making them want to pay for something that hasn’t even been created yet.

And finally, that leads to one of my other phrases: MOMMY: More Offers = More Money for You .

It’s very simple: If you want to make more money, you’ve got to sell more stuff. Makes sense right?

You’ve got to make more offers. But of course, you can’t always be pitching and selling like an obnoxious robot-caller (who have by the way, surpassed the sleazeball’iness of the proverbial “car salesman”).

If you think I can help you - well, I know that I can, but I want to make sure you know that too - then…

I am happy to do a free coaching call with you. Completely free, and no obligations. Just email me.

You can also get a lot of ideas, motivation and inspiration simply by following some of my work.

The best places to do that are:

1. Subscribe to my podcast SubscribeMe.fm (search for “subscribeme.fm” in your favorite podcast app). Or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts.

2. Join my “R5” email newsletter on my home page: “Ravi’s Rants, Raves & Roundup Report (R5)”. And I promise I’ll tell you stuff that will make you think, go “hmm…”, “didn’t know that!” and “wow!”.

3. “Friend” me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ravijayagopal

Cheers!

– Ravi Jayagopal
https://SubscribeMe.fm