I Don't Care If I Make Money With This

If you ask the most successful people in the world, whether it is in sports, or scuba diving, or growing bonsai trees, or laying on a couch and playing video games - most of them would tell you that they never started doing it with the intention of making money.

It’s the topic of my latest 3-minute episode of CutToTheChase.fm (you can listen to it right here, further below).

So, when you’re first getting started, it’s OK if you say “I don’t care if I make money with this”. - it’s OK to not care about monetizing your craft.

But as we grow older, and evolve as a person, things inevitably will start to change - and that includes our likes, dislikes, wants, needs… and most importantly, our priorities.

So while it may have been OK to not care about making money with your craft when you’re 20 or 25 or even 30 years old, at some point, the bills will come calling.

That’s when you have to make a choice…

Do you want to continue to do what you love, and also be able to do it all the time?

Or are you happy just doing it nights and weekends, while you depend on a day-job to pay your bills?

Here’s my latest episode (about 2 minutes long):

I Don’t Care If I Make Money With This - Ep #68

And couple of related episodes…

Starving Artist, Failed Entrepreneur - Ep #14

When To Say Yes - Ep #62

Only 3 Ways To Make Money - Ep #56

My Man-Spider Quote To Help You Accomplish Anything - Ep #31

What is the ONE THING that you would do right now, for free?

Something you’re willing to do all day, every day?

Let me know in the comments below.

For me, it was being “geeky” and “nerdy”, being an information-junkie, reading everything online and offline about business, tech and marketing, geeking out on trying out new software, developing software, helping other content creators like me solve problems - with content creation, delivery, marketing and monetization. That’s my super power.

Figure out your super power - your one “Soul Provider” (like Michael Bolton would say) - and with my coaching program, I can help you figure out how to monetize it, so it can help you pay your bills, so you can do it all day, every day, and do what you love, and love what you do.

– Ravi Jayagopal
PS: Did I just date myself naming Michael Bolton? And would you think less of me if I told you that I used to love the guy’s music? LOL! (favorite MB song: “How Am I Supposed To Live Without You”)