Best Hosting Options for Membership Site

I’m curious what you recommend as the best hosting options for membership sites?

Hi Heather,

I recommend only two:

1. SiteGround: http://DigitalAccessPass.com/siteground.php

2. Liquid Web: http://DigitalAccessPass.com/liquidweb.php

Both affiliate links.

Get a Linux-based, fully managed, VPS with at least 1 GB memory.

// Ravi Jayagopal
P.S: Check out my Podcast about Membership Sites:

Thank you Ravi!
Which do you use?

We use Liquid Web for all of our main sites, including DigitalAccessPass.com, WickedCoolPlugins.com and SubscribeMe.fm.

And I love liquid web, but I’m also loving how fast some of our client sites load on SiteGround, and all of the good things we’re hearing about them.

So you can’t go wrong with either one.

//Ravi Jayagopal
P.S: Check out my Podcast about Membership Sites:

I’ve used LiquidWeb & SiteGround both in the past. LiquidWeb was a little expensive in my opinion but I’ve heard nothing but GOOD about them, and except for the high price, worked just fine. SiteGround worked fine as well, very fast, price was good, don’t remember why we left. Currently running my own dedicated server through Linode, but tech support is too much money and responsibility to keep running, as it would be greater for someone who is their own server admin, but not otherwise.

I was just looking into Amazon site hosting. Anyone have any experience with that? Very good price, would sync well with s3 storage, etc.

AWS is great when you have a web admin on your team. Tech support is very limited unless you are an enterprise level customer paying through the nose for premium support.
They have approximately 130 web services to choose from the AWS portfoilio.

AWS and Google Cloud are great options if you’re a SaaS startup and you have an in-house system-admin/network admin type person on staff.

Bt if you just want to run your online business, maybe like a blog, an eCommerce site or membership site, and you don’t care about dealing with server maintenance, server administration and security and applying patches and security and firewall and everything that goes with it, do not go with AWS, Google Cloud, etc.

SiteGround and LiquidWeb are probably the 2 best options for the “I’m not a system admin, or even a techie, or a developer, and I will never be one, but I want a rockin’ awesome web host with great support and I want all support issues taken care of for me” entrepreneur :slight_smile:

I’m a hard-core techie myself, I’ve been an expert, senior developer in at least like 5 different programming languages, I’ve personally coded everything from simple scripts to web services for Fortune 50 companies, and even I will not try to take on web hosting by myself.

Go with LiquidWeb if you want to run more than just an online business, you’re a small team of developers (<5), you’re not at the level of having your own sys admin, and you want great tech support because if your server goes down, tens of thousands of customers will be at your throat, and you want like something in between non-techie website and a SaaS startup, with managed VPN/Cloud hosting.

If your business isn’t that crazy-level critical, then go with SiteGround, which also has cloud hosting which you can scale up on the fly if required. SiteGround is what I use for SubscribeMe.fm now.

– Ravi Jayagopal

I can pretty much echo the same sentiment as Ravi.

Even with a 25 year career in IT, I am more than happy to leave the webhosting management to the likes of Liquidweb.

I went from Liquidweb to siteground and then back to Liquidweb. There’s just something about Liquidweb that makes the cost absolutely worthwhile. The fact that they will take care of a whole heck of stuff that’s outside their remit, and that they’re available to do so within minutes is worth every penny and more.

Siteground would be my #2 choice, and still a good one.

I have used Linode for VPS hosting and now I am using VPSdime. If you don’t want the headache of managing your own server, these may not be the right choice for you.

Typically, I send people to A2 Hosting if they have a simple website that does not get a massive amount of traffic. The next step up from that would be to use a service like SiteGround, LiquidWeb, or a number of similar hosting providers.

For SEO purposes, I have heard reports that moving to Google’s own hosting service has given sites a slight boost in their rank. As with any SEO related change, it is best to measure this impact for yourself to determine if your site also gets this boost.